Sunday, April 4, 2010

Our favourite quotes

· One of my favorite quotes goes back to the early 1980s, from Ray Clifford: Computers will not replace teachers, but teachers who know how to use computers will eventually replace those who do not.

Deborah Healey, USA

· I love the saying: No dream is too big for the one who dares to follow it.
No star is set too high for the one who dares to reach for it

Mary Grace Magcanam.

· My favorite quote is "If you would thoroughly know anything, teach it to others. " Tryon Edward.

Mohamed Hasan, Bahrain

· My favourite quote "Once a new technology rolls over you, if you're not part of the steamroller, you're part of the road" by Stewart Brand.

Prem Phyak, Nepal

· My favourite quote comes from ancient Vedic scriptures. It teaches that, "A true leader is not one who has the most followers, but one who creates the most leaders."

Nalini Reddy, SA

· One of my favorite quotations belongs to Bill Gates and it says that "technology is just a tool. In terms of getting the kids work together and motivating them, the teacher is most important".

Nadina Nicolici - Romania

· There is an old saying from Confucian, a Chinese greatest educator, "A friend coming from far away areas is my pleasure".

Shujuan Wang, China

· I couldn`t agree more with John Dewey when he says "If we teach today as we taught yesterday we rob our children of tomorrow"

· Alvin Toffler said "The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn and relearn."

Susana Oliveira, Portugal

· I also wrote one living philosophy for my career "Sharing is one of the best ways to find yourself." And I think that computer could be a best friend who always facilitates my teaching at all time.

Khang, Vietnam

· A fundamental rule in technology says that whatever can be done will be done.
Andrew Grove

· Lovely!...whoever says teaching using technology is a waste of time and not worth it should read this quote at least once! Anything is possible!

Evelín Ojeda Naveda (Eve), Venezuela.

· My favorite quote is something I heard at a workshop;"A teacher should be like a living stream."

Juliet Eiseb, Namibia

· My motto is "Children are not the pot to be filled with some knowledge, they are torch and we have to light up it"

Ruslana Shamanska, Ukraine

· Here is a quote I like, "There can be infinite uses of the computer and of new age technology, but if the teachers themselves are not able to bring it into the classroom and make it work, then it fails"
Nancy Kassebaum, U.S. Senator

Maha Almasri, Syria

· I don't have a special proverb, but I'd like to share the following idea: making students learn is like giving medicine to a little kid. If he doesn't like the medicine, we can make him take it by mixing it in yogurt or milk..

Hamid Mernaoui , Morocco

· Well my favorite quote is "Modern technology cannot be an effective component of our educational institutions if the teachers do not have the proper skills to use it". Samar Fatany, a Saudi radio journalist.

Hala Fawzi, Sudan

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Ruslana!

    Nice idea to post some of the quotations here. We are a big virtual class and we can know each other better.

    All the best,
    Nadina

    ReplyDelete